In Livigno everyone likes mountain biking, as sport and recreational vehicle. Primarily the downhill, with its dedicated park on the Mottolino. But Livigno is also a special place for hiking biking. An extensive network of trails through the Alta Rezia that has Livigno as a base. And the offer continues to grow.
Since mid-July, the Italian Bike Resort has developed three new trails.
It was inaugurated in Val Minore an important trail that connects Livigno to Switzerland. From now on crossing the border will be much easier and faster thanks to the new path "Forcola-Val Minor", dedicated to mountain biking and hiking. The route starts from the Forcola mountain pass in Livigno (2,315 mt) and it develops at a constant height above two thousand meters to Val Minor and Hospice Bernina in Switzerland. The trail is 5.8 kilometers long and 180 meters of elevation gain and it can be covered in 50 minutes. Until now the only connection was given by two very challenging trails that required 3 to 4 hours walk.
A few days ago, they also officially opened two new flow trails in the mountains of Carosello 3000: "Coast to Coast" (6 km) and "Rollercoaster" (4 km). It is a real evolution of the network of paths of Livigno, which unites a number of existing trails. The flow trails are built according to a logical sequence of curves, parabolic and rhythmic impulses based on speed and pace, which will give you the feeling of being on a roller coaster. A path suitable for both beginners and professional bikers, fast for experts and safe for beginners, with banks and little hills, suitable for any type of bike. Immersed in a unique landscape, with view on Lake Livigno. They are currently building two other sections that will be completed during the summer.
- Adventure Awards, Carosello 3000 and Crankbrothers present on August,2nd the 3K Up & Down, an unique event. The principle is simple: one pro rider, 100 participants, 2 lifts, a trail of 13 km and 7 hours to do it as many times as possible. Info and registration: www.adventureawards.it/portfolio_page/3k-updown/
- From July 31st to August 1st will be the turn of BAM!, the first European meeting of travelers by bicycle, which provides in addition to seminars and group excursions, yoga sessions, afternoon concerts to amuse and entertain mountain biking enthusiasts. For more information on Adventure Awards Days: www.adventureawards.it
- The National Park Bike Marathon on August 29th will lead bikers through the Swiss National Park, which borders the territory of Livigno. The trail of Livigno, 66 km, will rise along the Cassana pass reaching an altitude of 2,694 meters, from the top it will drop down on an impressive flow trail to Alpe Cassana, while another will go to Scuol, Switzerland. For more information: www.bike-marathon.com/home.html
- For enduro’s fans it is scheduled on September 13th the Enduro Cup Lombardy, when the sixth and final stage will reach Livigno.
- The highlight of the season at high altitude will be, however, the Suzuki Nine Knights from August 31st to September 5th. This is the fifth edition of this huge free ride contest event in Livigno. Eighteen of the best free riders in the world are already invited, they will also participate the wildcar winners of the "Become A Knight Video Competition".